Helping you live within your favourite TV shows and movies.

Wait for it...

How I Met Your Mother is in its 9th and final season *tear*, and it's one of those shows that I could never get tired of watching.  I'm sure my friends are tired of hearing me quote the show even though it is Legen-wait for it-dary.  Legendary.  (yep.. did it)

H.I.M.Y.M. kind of pulled a 'Friends'.. and had multiple people live in one apartment.  Ted & Marshall then Ted, Marshall, & Lily then Ted then Ted & Robin then Ted then Ted & Robin then Marshall & Lily.  Still with me? Good.  Barney just does his own thing.

No matter where they moved, certain furniture pieces always stayed in the spotlight.  I could make a whole blog about everything in all of the apartments... No, no I can't.  Self control.



         

       Lily & Marshall's Yellow Couch

How awesome is this couch?  I'm not a fan of yellow.. but Marshall & Lily make it work.  A mustard couch is not an easy find .. but La-Z-Boy has their Laurel Sofa which is almost identical.





            
          Ted's Red Chair

I love colour-blocking furniture.  And i figure that in Ted & Marshall's apartment, it wasn't intentional.  But these chairs are so comfy and I love the colour.  Ikea has the Ektorp Tullsta Armchair.  What a great name. 





     Marshall & Lily's Purple Carpet

It's something that doesn't really catch your eye while you're watching, but it really ties the room together.  Don't lie, you notice the miniscule stuff too.  Ikea's Almsted Rug is beautiful.  So Lily.






And always remember...



8 comments:

  1. Don't worry Heather, you aren't the only one who is sad about HIMYM coming to an end.I can't say I love that yellow couch but I do like Ted's red chair and can agree about colour blocking furniture. Also love how you included life lessons from HIMYM, nothing ever happens after 2a.m., loved that episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely consumed with HIMYM. I love this show, and was so sad to hear this was its final season, but also soo excited to finally meet this mystery women. The sets are so amazingly designed and say so much about the character. I almost forget that it is TV and these are not their real lives. Love that you blogged about HIMYM and all this amazing. #brocode
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love HIMYM, and am also sad that it is ending. I have to say I love all of the apartments in the show. They are designed so well, and look so welcoming and homey. It definitely spurs a highly romanticized "I wish I lived in New York" dream/ thought. And the show also does relay some really useful and thoughtful life lessons that all can apply to our own lives. A great blog post for a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another fan! Love the show since episode 1, season 1.
    I really enjoy reading your blog and how you focus on unique details of the show that subliminally mean something to influence the scene.
    We will all be definitely watching on March 31 the season finale. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also a huge HIMYM fan. I never noticed the purple rug, though. I'm going to look for it when I watch some re-runs in the near future.
    The page of life lessons is a great touch to your blog post. It perfectly captures the essence of the show (and not just because the items on the list are mentioned over and over in multiple episodes).
    Your blog is legen - wait for it...(to be continued...).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun blog concept. I hope you keep this going so when I have my own apartment I can decorate it just like a television show haha.
    Great research behind all these posts. I also really love how you write, I feel like I'm reading it in your voice. Great job Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of this show.
    I need to get caught up on the seasons before it ends though, I fell behind when I lost my cable ><
    Now that I know I can get Ted's chair I'm going to freaking Ikea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just addicting to HIMYM recently, great post here. Thanks for sharing with us so many great shows, I will definitely catch up all the seasons if time permitted later on.

    ReplyDelete