Helping you live within your favourite TV shows and movies.

Mad Women

If you don't know, Mad Men is a television series set in the 1960s.  It's received awards and critical acclaim for many things, including historical authenticity and costume design.

I'd say one of the most captivating things of the show is the fashion.  Maybe that sounds ridiculous, but if you've seen the show you know what I'm talking about.
(Not to mention the gorgeous Christina Hendricks.)

All of the dresses from today's post are brought to you by Mod Cloth.  The fashion of the 60s is undeniably gorgeous- and Mod Cloth is a great place to find everything retro.
So here are Joan, Betty, and Peggy of Mad Men- and how to channel their beautiful characters!


                                                                     
                                                                                                    

                             Joan Holloway
Christina Hendricks is clearly vivacious.  And a redhead. The clothes her character wears on Mad Men do nothing but accentuate that.  (Her curves, not her hair.)  This beautiful Sleek It Out dress gives off a great Joan-esque vibe.  Classy & sultry.








                                    Betty Draper
January Jones is a beautiful blonde- and her character is often compared to Grace Kelly.  Being the housewife of the infamous Don Draper, appearances are everything.  So to keep with her classic floral look, I suggest the Get What You Dessert dress.







                                    Peggy Olson
Elisabeth Moss is definitely made into a plain-Jane for Mad Men.  Her character Peggy isn't too fashion forward- but like I said, with 60s fashion you can do no wrong.  I love Peggy's simplistic looks that could be worn casually today.  To get this look, check out the Vintage Dancer dress.





I'll just leave this here...



6 comments:

  1. I love this blog. you have such an interesting take on life Heather.....love, love, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started watching Mad Men on Netflix last year but stopped for some reason, I will have to start up again. Its a great show. Its true when they say fashion just repeats itself. We will just have to keep our clothes now, it will be in style in 40 years. Love the link you posted also. I like learning never before things of shows and celebrities! Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently started (binge) watching Mad Men on Netflix and I have to say that the fashion in the show is what kept me hanging on the first season (I found it a little slow). THe men are so dashing and charming but the women really use their clothing to express their characters personalities. Good Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite series ever! I am in love with this show! Thanks for sharing the 20 interesting facts about Mad Men, learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this show for it's sense of style.
    Anytime I have to buy something formal I ask myself if it's something Draper would wear.
    Good show, great read.

    ReplyDelete