Helping you live within your favourite TV shows and movies.

Everywhere you look

Accompanied with one of the catchiest theme songs to date, Full House epitomizes the 90s.  It's where the world first learned of Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen, and John Stamos. (or as the world knows him: Uncle Jesse. hubba hubba)

The 90s are clearly coming back in style.  The other day I heard the style referred to as 'vintage'-  that stung a little.  So as per request, I'll be taking you back in time to one of the greatest shows ever aired.  (no bias)




The Patterned Couch/Chair Combo
Plaid furniture.  Is there anything better?
For a somewhat updated version, Ikea has the Ektorp Sofa.



To get the matching chair, just like the Full House living room,
Ikea has the Ektorp Tullsta Armchair as well.







DJ's Fluffy Floral Chair
Personally, I don't think floral really ever goes out of style.  Certain floral prints are certainly dated, but they're also very versatile.  (Strangely enough).
Ebay has a very 90s Overstuffed Lounge Arm Chair with the matching ottoman.  I have to admit; I kinda sorta love it.
















Stephanie's White Rocking Chair
I don't know why rocking chairs ever went away.  They're fantastic.
And I loved mine that  had a similar full length cushion that tied around the back.
The one in Stephanie's room is a youth-size one, but Sears has an identical adult-size Rocking Chair.





Fun Fact...


Remember the Painted Ladies in the opening credits?
The actual Full House house used is just a block away.



6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Full House! One of the best shows out there, for sure. The 1990s were about the time where plaid really became popular along with light coloured furniture and a lot of oakwood, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for sure it was. I remember my light plaid couch when I was a kid.. I still miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full House was a staple of my childhood! I remember the 3 step after-school process as a kid:

    1) Babysitter waiting for me and walking home
    2) Snacks
    3) Full House

    I would also like to add that if you have fond memories of Full House that you are not willing to let go or have tarnished, do not watch Bob Saget in Entourage or the innocence of Danny Tanner will be forever ruined for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been watching tonnes of Full House episodes lately and I don't know why, but it always gives a feeling of nostalgia and that all is right in the world. Speaking of Steph's rocking chair, how about Michelle's big bear on the wall? 90's, 90's, 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cut. It. Out....Full House was such an epic show back in the day. I can remember my daily routine as a kid:

    Saved by the Bell before school...go to school...come home from school for an exciting new episode of Full House!

    And to reinforce what Morgan said, DO NOT watch Bob Saget in 'The Arisocrats' either if you don't want to have the innocence of Danny Tanner tarnished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather this post is amazing. I got the seasons of Full House for Christmas this year. It's safe to say we know how I spent the duration of the break! The show is fabulous and I've never stopped to think how much the style is returning to our everyday. As for Uncle Jesse... HAVE MERCY!!

    ReplyDelete