Helping you live within your favourite TV shows and movies.

It's JESS...

Zooey Deschanel.  Love her!  She's the ultimate girl next door; quirky and attractive.  No doubt about it.  She always tends to play the same type of character, but I'm not complaining.  This week we'll be looking at her character from New GirlJessica Day.

Her style can be summed up in one interaction between her and one of her roommates:

Schmidt: "If you don't behave, I'll reinstate the ban on high-waisted shorts. 
Jess: "That was the worst four weeks of my life!"

On that note.. 



          Jessica Day's Nautical Dress

How adorable is she?!  Here's Zooey with her stunt double, wearing a fabulous nautical-esque dress.  I feel like everyone should visit Modcloth as much as I do, because apparently that's where everyone on TV gets their clothes!  Here's their Erynn's Flair for the Classics dress.  Spot on!





Nailed it. 



                        Jess's Valentine's Day Pyjamas

I don't know anyone who doesn't love a good pair of cotton pyjamas.  Jess seems to have great taste because she's wearing Victoria's Secret Iconic Pink Stripe ones.  High five to that.




She wore an itsy bitsy teeny weeny red polka dot bikini!



                 Red Polka Dot Bikini

With summer just around the corner, (come on spring!), I thought it fitting to include one of Jess's adorable swimsuits.  I know I'm not the only one that buys new ones each year.  Again, Modcloth to the rescue- check out their Beach Blanket Bingo two-piece.
  







To complete the look...

You need the Bunny iPhone Case


Enjoy the full-length 'New Girl' Intro Song performed by Zooey Deschanel. 

12 comments:

  1. LOVE her, and love her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her beautiful eyes and cute bounciness. She has such a vibrant personality and her clothing reflects that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Zooey Deschanel's style and adorable personality. I also love that you included a pyjama outfit! A stylish dress, cotton pyjamas, and a pretty bikini are three essentials a women should always pack with her on a trip! Great blog Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Alessandra! I completely agree.

      Delete
  4. Love this post! She has such great style, and I love how you captured it! Love the pyjamas too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh yay! I was waiting for you to do a post about this show - so happy you did. I am obsessed with this show and sometimes with I was Jess! She's gorgeous for one, but like you said she's also so quirky and fun. Great post Heather! (Lexa)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Girl is a great show and I love Jess's style! I also think Modcloth is awesome and find myself on there pretty often. I just can't resist. Great post Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love New Girl! Jess's character is so relatable. I love that's she is a little bit wierd but very sweet and charming. In one of her episode's she wears a great French Connection sweater with rocking horses on it that I was super excited to find at my friend's store Grace in Stratford. It's always fun to find out where shows get their clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE New Girl. I love Jess' clothing, the loft, the whole bit. I have found so many great things on Modcloth too...summer is coming...time to get some new Jess inspired dresses! Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy I'm not the only one obsessed with Modcloth! I knew this was a safe space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zooey Deschanel has an amazing taste! I really fell in love when saw her for the first time in "(500) Days of Summer". Love this post, Heather))

    ReplyDelete